Old School / Limited Weld 2017
AUTOMOBILE BODY REGULATIONS- ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
1. ANY Passenger car or station wagon only. No trucks, jeeps, hearses, limousines, or checkered cabs. No pre 1973 Chrysler Imperials and no Imperial Sub Frames. No PRE-1973 Lincolns.
2. Sedagons are NOT allowed.
3. All glass, side windows, rear windows, headlights and taillights, must be removed before reaching the track. Rolling down windows is not permitted.
4. Rear seat of sedan must be removed, top and bottom. On station wagons all seats and decking must be removed. Station wagons must be emptied to the floorboards.
5. Cars must have a seatbelt and working brakes. MANDATORY
6. Battery may be moved, but must be securely fastened and covered in passenger compartment. TWO BATTERIES ARE ALLOWED.
7. Front Windshield Bar is MANDATORY and is limited to a 2” wide x 1/4" thick strap or a chain/9 wire loop
GAS TANKS AND FUEL PUMPS
1. Stock gas tank MUST be removed from original position and mounted in the rear seat area and secured. No rubber or chain straps. All tanks must have a secure cap. A marine tank or fuel cell is strongly recommended. All lines and fitting must be leak proof and meet approval of the track officials. Electric fuel pumps are allowed
2. All lines must be run inside car, not along the frame underneath.
3. All lines should be double clamped. NO ALCOHOL.
RADIATOR AND CORE SUPPORT
1. Radiator must be in stock position
2. Any automotive type radiator can be used. Aluminum Radiators are LEGAL.
3. No homemade radiators allowed
4. No reserve tanks and no added cooling capacity.
5. One electric fan, mounted to the radiator, may be used.
6. DO NOT MOVE CORE SUPORT
1. No body seams may be welded. No metal may be added.
2. No doubling of body panels allowed, no added metal allowed.
3. NO Body creasing,
4. Fenders may be bolted together. Max of 10 3/8” BOLTS ABOVE THE FENDER WELL.
5. Doors may be chained, wired, or welded. Welding of the doors is the only welding allowed on the car body. When welding doors 6in 0n 6in off all the way around
6. NO Changing body mounts don’t touch them, except the rear most 4 and the front 2 at the core support
1. Suspension must be original factory suspension for that car. SPRING SPACERS ARE ALLOWED
2. Tie rods must have factory appearing ends, No heims! You may brace the center tube with angle or pipe. Aftermarket is fine but must have a factory type end!
3. No solid suspension must bounce
MUST BE OPEN AT INSPECTION!
1. Hoods must have two (2) holes, at least four (4) inches in diameter on each side of the carburetor. Not directly on top of the carburetor. If the hood is removed, either the fan or fan belt must be removed.
2. Hoods, trunks, and tailgates must be open during inspection.
3. Hoods may be secured by 2 pieces of all thread outboard the radiator. Cannot be sleeved.
5. Hoods can be held shut with “one” of the following but not both,
A (8) 2” long pieces of 2” x 2” angle with a single 3/8” bolt thru them
B (8) pieces of # 9 wire attaching hood to fender.
1. You are allowed Unlimited #9 wire across the front in front of radiator.
2. You may use 4 pieces of all thread to secure the trunk lid. All thread must go thru factory rear body mounts only. Washers may be no larger than 4 inches in diameter. No sleeving the all thread and no nuts directly under the trunk lid.
3. Unlimited #9 wire across the back can be used here as well from trunk to bumper and in 4 spots on each side. OR 4 ANGLE BACK TO BACK WITH ONE 3/8 BOLT IN EACH
4. The trunk lid must remain on hinges.
5. The trunk lid may be V’d in the center, but must remain at least 10” off the trunk floor.
1. All cars must have a safety cage and roll over bar.
2. A 4 point cage is required and limited to 4 points only. Your cage will must have a dash bar that must be 4” from the firewall. Your cage must have a bar behind the driver’s seat no more than 6” away from it. You must have (2) side bars and they must not be farther than the rear wheel humps and must not extend past your dash bar. The side bars must not be welded to the rear humps.
3. Roll over bar cannot be more than 6” behind driver’s seat. Roll over bar cannot attach to frame. Weld or Bolt it to sheet metal only. A 6” x 6” plate may be used in aiding it to be attached to floor sheet metal. Roll over bar can be bolted to roof
4. The cage can be welded to sheet metal only. You can have up to four (4) down posts, two (2) per side. You must have a dash bar, a cross bar behind the seat and two (2) door cross bars. Nothing can be ran between the rear wheel humps or welded to the humps. No kickers to the frame humps- front or back.
5. Cage can be made out of 4” pipe or 4” square tubing, MAX.
6. All down tubes must be at or behind the dash bar, straight up and down. Welded to sheet metal only.
7. Gas tank protectors are NOT allowed, floating your gas tank off the floor is NOT considered a gas tank protector.
1. No welding, plating, or reinforcing of the frame.
2. All factory frame holes must be left open.
3. Any reinforcing of frame found will result in disqualification.
4. Sub frame cars cannot be tied together. If you want to run a full frame car, buy a full frame car, don’t build one.
5. You can shorten the front frame only to aid in mounting front bumper. CANNOT BE MORE THAN 3 INCHES AND MUST NOT TOUCH FRONT MOUNT.
6. Aftermarket steering columns are ok
7. Rear frame rails may not be shortened.
8. You may chain or wire your axle to the frame hump.
1. OEM STOCK shock canister and STOCK bumper ONLY. ANY BUMPER ON ANY CAR ,,NO REAR BUMPERS OR REAR SHOCK TUBES ON FRONT … Must be mounted with factory material and in factory location.
2. Bumpers may be welded on. NO ADDED METAL SINGLE PASS
3. YOU MAY BOLT A CHAIN FROM BUMPER TO BUMPER SHOCK AT THE FRAME 3/8 MAX
4. Bumpers can be loaded on inside ‘oem’ car bumpers only (DEC BUMPERS ARE OK)
5. Bumpers can be no higher than 26" from the ground to the top of the bumper or lower than 16" from the ground to the bottom of the bumper.
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
1. Any engine or transmission may be used in any car, but must be mounted within 6” of the original motor. Engine cannot protrude into the passenger compartment before the race.
2. ENGINE CRADLE ALLOWED CAN use aftermarket mounts and no chains or gussets attaching anywhere from it!
3. Chained, welded, or homemade motor mounts will be permitted, but must meet approval of officials. (Nothing adding strength to car)
5. Transmission oil coolers and engine oil coolers are permitted. They must be secure and contained and covered inside the car, for the driver’s protection.
6. Pulley protectors are allowed, but sway bar must be removed or not able to touch before or after race!!
7. No Skid plates.
8. No Distributor protectors. No tranny protector
9. Factory aluminum engine cradles in 2003 and newer cars may NOT be changed. No homemade cradles.
10.HOMEMADE Gas Pedals and Shifters Are Allowed
11. OEM cross member or 2x2 square tube. Factory style rubber mount
1. Any automotive or aftermarket rear end
2. On models originally equipped with leaf springs, stock leaf springs and hangers MUST be used.
3. Leaf packs on all cars MUST be OEM stock.
4. Slider drive shaft is permitted.
6. You may have five (5) spring clamps per spring.
1. Any Tires 15 inches or smaller.
2. No solid wheels stock OEM only. YOU MAY WELD IN WHEEL CENTERS for multi lug use (not full plates to add strength!).
The only welding allowed will be the bumper, the cage, doors, motor mounts, angle on the hood and trunk.
Repairs for Old School
4 Repair plates per car
Max 4”x4”- ¼”
2 Plates in front of the A-arms and 2 plates from A-arms back
Must be a 1” gap between plates if used on the same rail
These are all outlined above. If it doesn’t say you can do it, don’t assume that you can.
ASK first or don’t do it!
Everybody needs to read and re-read these rules.
If you are found to be too built for these rules, you will be given 2 options.
A. CUT OR REMOVE ILLEGAL PARTS.
B. LOAD ON TRAILER AND GO HOME.
Either way you will NOT RECEIVE A REFUND.